The WHITE ELEPHANT SALE (Freedom V Ballroom) is a great opportunity for you to sell your extra/unwanted model railroad, railroadiana or tool/hardware items. This sale will take place in the White Elephant/Sales room from Thursday evening through late Saturday afternoon before the banquet. Payment is by cash or check. In addition, we are happy to accept credit/debit cards for any purchases over $50.
Settlement: Saturday night after banquet and Sunday 9-11am
The rules for this sale are as follows:
- Only registered convention attendees may enter items in the sale.
- All items are sold “AS IS, WHERE IS.” The Philadelphia Division makes NO guarantee as to the operation, completeness, or salability of any item.
- The MINIMUM price for any item or lot is $3.
- ALL items must be priced in WHOLE Dollars – NO CENTS!
- Each item/lot must have a REMOVABLE label containing the seller’s registration number, an item number, and the price like shown below.
- It is recommended that sellers retain their own list identifying each item and number.
- As each item is sold, the REMOVABLE label will be removed and retained by the sales volunteer.
- Buyers will remove their items from the room after paying for them.
- The Philadelphia Division will retain 15% of the sales price as its commission.
- Settlement will occur Saturday evening after the Banquet and Sunday between 9:00am and 11:00am.
- Each seller will receive a list showing the items sold and the amount due them as well as any unsold items.
- Any unsold items not removed by 11:00am Sunday Oct. 13 will become property of the Philadelphia Division.