The WHITE ELEPHANT SALE is a great opportunity for you to sell your extra/unwanted model railroad, railroadiana or tool/hardware items. This sale will take place in the White Elephant/Sales room from Thursday evening through late Saturday afternoon before the banquet. Specific hours will be posted as we get closer to the convention. Payment is by cash or check. In addition, we are happy to accept credit/debit cards for any purchases over $50.
Thursday evening 6-9:30pm
Settlement: Saturday night after banquet and Sunday 9:00-11:00am
The rules for this sale are as follows:
- Only registered convention attendees may enter items in the sale.
- All items are sold “AS IS, WHERE IS.” The Philadelphia Division makes NO guarantee as to the operation, completeness, or salability of any item.
- The MINIMUM price for any item or lot is $3.
- ALL items must be priced in WHOLE Dollars – NO CENTS!
- Each item/lot must have a REMOVABLE label containing the seller’s registration number, an item number, and the price like shown below.
- It is recommended that sellers retain their own list identifying each item and number.
- As each item is sold, the REMOVABLE label will be removed and retained by the sales volunteer.
- Buyers will remove their items from the room after paying for them.
- The Philadelphia Division will retain 15% of the sales price as its commission.
- Settlement will occur Saturday evening after the Banquet and Sunday between 9:00am and 11:00am.
- Each seller will receive a list showing the items sold and the amount due them as well as any unsold items.
- Any unsold items not removed by 11:00am Sunday Oct. 13 will become property of the Philadelphia Division.