|CLINIC: Modeling LV Auto Cars|
|DAY: Saturday||TIME: 8:00-9:00a
|DESCRIPTION: In 1925 the Lehigh Valley ordered 1,000 of their first steel automobile cars from American Car & Foundry’s (AC&F) Berwick, PA facility to meet the needs of the expanding auto industry. The initial 700 door-and-a-half cars numbered 5000-5699 were delivered with 10 ft. staggered doors between 1926 and 1927. The final three hundred cars numbered 5700-5899 and 5900-5999 were delivered in 1929 with 12 ft. doors and the last 100 featured an end door. Over the next 40 some years these cars would undergo several modifications and rebuildings primarily to meet the needs of the auto industry.
This updated clinic will cover the history of the prototype cars including painting and lettering, and how to model these cars and the primary modifications using plastic HO car kits, commercial parts, and fabricating resin castings.
About the Clinician...
Chuck is a retired Navy intelligence officer and high school math teacher who now runs a home tutoring business in Norfolk, VA. He and his wife, Kathy, a coal miner’s daughter, were both raised in Wilkes-Barre in northeast Pennsylvania which was a center for anthracite coal mining. Several members of their families worked in the mines or for the railroads.